CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 1

God says everything happens for a reason, so why then was I taken away from my family by the revolutionaries. This morning I was just an ordinary campesino cutting cane and packing bananas in a small town, but now I’m a soldier of the revolution fighting for cause I don’t know about. We all knew this day would come we just didn’t want to admit it, but now that it has come we have no choice but to go with it and try not to get ourselves killed.

When we arrived at the camp I couldn’t help being scared, not knowing what awaits me and the others ahead. Lolo, me and Ignacio decided to stick together at all cost and to attempt an escape when the opportunity came, but for that we needed to know how the fortress was run, who was in charge and where the gates were, that’s how we met Esteban Morales. He seemed my age so I went ahead and tried to start a conversation while we ate, I tried to act friendly and see if he wanted to get out of here and see his family like we did, so I asked about them. He told me about his brothers and his mother being killed by loyalist, I expected to see sorrow in his face but all I could find was pain and anger, but what came next was worse, he told me his father was recruited by the loyalist and that he had died fighting against the army we now form a part of, after that I expected the pain in his eyes to come back but this time there was only anger, but I don’t know if it was for the loyalist or for the revolutionaries. After seeing what the army did to Esteban I was scared to think what it would do to me.
http://www.navistardefense.com/StaticFiles/internationalTrucks/Images/Truck%20Detail/Military/Gallery/7000/7000-MV-in-Afhganistan_lg.jpg

0 comments: