CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 8

I used to think a soldier was someone who was recruited by the army, I used to think a soldier was someone who wasn’t scared to fire a gun, I used to think a soldier was someone who went to war and gave it their best win or lose. But now I know better I now soldier doesn’t have to wield weapon or kill a person, but they can be someone who teaches you about what’s going on. Soldiers don’t have to kill to be good, that is what I learned they can just help someone. Before this experience I thought war was all about killing people, yet now I see war is about preparation and fighting for what you believe no matter what or who gets in your way. The war has thought me lots of things about life like how valuable it is and how easily it can be taken away from by a gun. I also learned that if you believe in yourself you can make it for example I never thought I would be able to fight without Lolo or Nacio by my side but I still did, I also didn’t think I could save someone life like I did with Juan if anything I thought I would be the one to shoot him, and even after saving his life I didn’t need anyone to now cause saving a life is my job as soldier. Because that’s what I am now a soldier someone who fights for the rights of others.

http://www.theveteransmuseumintexas.org/online_files/soldier_pic1.jpg

0 comments: